After the success of my ruffled tank, I was keen to whip up a few more. The main fabric for this one is from Tessuti. The dotty mesh embellishment is from EmmaOneSock. I cut a long strip and gathered each side to make one large ruffly bit for the front of the tank. I didn't use the usual method of binding the edges. Instead, I applied the mesh edge the same way I sewed ribbing onto sweatshirts when I was a kid. I sewed the short edges of a long, narrow strip of mesh together to form a circle. I then folded it in half lengthwise, being careful to fold the dots in half. I lined up the raw edges with the right side of the neckline (or armholes) and stiched using a narrow zig-zag. I then top-stitched around the neckline to keep the raw edges on the inside. It was actually easier than applying a binding, which was good because binding knit edges is one of my least successful sewing skills.