I have been playing around with a photo program, so that I can show you the swimmers on my body, without having to put my body out there on the internet! I need a bit more practice at the program, but I hadn't even opened it until this morning, so I think these pictures are not too bad.
These one-pieces were self-drafted, using the information over at Stuart's site.
First up, a surf-friendly style. This pattern was based on the tank suit. I cut off the pattern at the empire line and made a cross-over V neck front, then added the frills. It is very girly! The fabric is from Tessuti. They do not have lycra listed in their on-line shop, so you will need to contact them if you want samples. I purchase my lining and elastic from Beach Bubble Swimwear.
This next one will probably only make it to the back yard. It is an asymmetrical style that I have been wanting to try for a few years. It took a bit of effort to do the drafting. I would like to get to the point where I can draft in Corel draw, but I admit I gave up on these and used paper and pencil.
I changed the spagetti strap to a cut-on strap so that I didn't have to mess around with binding elastic. I think I should have placed the strap on the other side, to create an "S" shape to the swimmers rather than the one-sides asymmetry.
Again, the fabric is from Tessuti.