22.4.20

Morgan Boyfriend Jeans

I just had my first go at the Morgan Boyfriend Jeans by Closet Case Patterns.

Okay, so maybe not "boyfriend" in this fabric. 


This fabric is a cotton that I bought from Potter & Co.  I'm not sure exactly how to describe it.  It is a little like a brocade, with raised texture, but also a little like corduroy, with very thin wales.  



I didn't make a muslin.  Fitting changes that I made on the run included letting out the hips a little (possibly need to let out a little more), flat pubis adjustment and scooping out the back crotch in an attempt to reduce the under-the-bum wrinkles I always get.  I can see that if the legs were skinnier, I would need to do knock-kneed and extended calves adjustments, but it doesn't bother me so much in this leg width and in this fabric.  I didn't do the button fly, just a regular zip fly.


The shirt I am wearing is an unblogged make from last year.  It is the Named Geneva raglan tee, made up in a viscose I bought from the Morgan and Mark's fabric sale last year. 

These photos were taken at the park near my house, where I have been walking most evenings for the last couple of weeks.

2 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

I love floral jeans! One of my favorite things!! Super cute.

katherine h said...

Thanks KS!