19.4.20

Greenstyle Creations Tempo Athletic Tights



I have a new favourite legging pattern ...the Tempo Athletic Tights by Greenstyle Creations.  There are a few reasons for them being my favourite.  Like all the Greenstyle leggings patterns, the fit is great and it is easy to grade between sizes for waist, hips and legs.  I prefer my leggings to have large thigh pockets, because I always run with my phone and if I am away from home, also my car keys and my glasses.  I don't like my waistbands too tight, so pockets on the back of the waistband just drag my pants down whilst I am running.  The other reason I like them is because the legs are shaped.  Many leggings patterns have straight leg seams.  On me, straight seams usually means they feel too tight on my calves and are baggy on my ankles.  The shaping of the leg panels means these fit both my calves and my ankles.

These have a wide waistband with two rise options.  I chose the high rise option.  I was impressed at how well these stayed up during my run, as I usually reserve this style of waistband for lower impact exercise.  I have since made a second pair in a softer lycra, and they don't stay up well enough, so I'm going to have to take the waistband off and make it smaller or put in better elastic.  I'll blog the second set after I alter them.

There are lots of seams in these and plenty of options for colour blocking, but I made this pair fairly sedate by choosing black for all except the ankle panels.  It is hard to tell in these photos, but the contrast panels add a bit of bling, being made of spandex covered in rose gold foil sequins.  I adore this fabric and used it to make a matching sports bra.


It is hard to see the seam lines in this black fabric, but this photo shows you the large side pocket.


I used Jalie 3247 for the sports bra.  My underband elastic is wider than recommended, which pulls the armholes and neckline down lower than the pattern design.  I don't mind this, but thought I would point it out in case somebody is looking for reviews of the pattern and would otherwise be misled by my photo.  


These photos were taken in a bush reserve near my house where I run most weeks.  It is pretty quiet, which makes it a good spot for running whilst social distancing. 

Happy sewing & stay well xx 

7 comments:

Mapmaker said...

Great work and great images, as usual! I'm not making exercise gear but I always learn a lot from your posts about fitting and construction. And that last photo of you is absolutely marvelous.

Allison said...

Those look great! That's an interesting point about the leg shaping.I've never thought about that but it makes sense. That fabric for your sports bra really is lovely.

katherine h said...

It is all happening Nina with the sleek legs. Never understood why you didn't do more designs P

Robyn said...

Your leggings and sports bra look great. I've had a few patterns from Greenstyle Creations catch my eye but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. You may have convinced me to give them a go because my shaped RTW leggings are my favourite.

katherine h said...

Hi Robyn,

Generally I find Greenstyle patterns really useful and versatile, allowing for all sorts of variations in construction. Happy sewing xx

katherine h said...

Thanks Mapmaker! I always feel that my photos are a bit lacking. Like many sewists, posting photos of myself is my least favourite aspect of blogging. Happy sewing xx

katherine h said...

Thanks Allison, it is lovely fabric and feels great to wear as well.