26.3.19

Jalie Mimosa

I have tried a few new t-shirt patterns lately, one of them being the Mimosa scoopneck t-shirt from Jalie.

Clearly this shirt would benefit from an iron, and smoother undergarments, but I'm going with the notion that dodgy photos are better than no photos, if I want to keep this blog record going.



I made this a few weeks ago, so not sure of the alterations, but I think they included a square shoulder, shortening of the sleeves (possibly 5 cm?) and grading out a size or two at the hips.  I think next time I should remove some of the neck / chest at the front, or else go down a size, as the neckline feels a tad too big.

The pattern has some lovely details, including the sleeve cuffs and curved hem.  Actually, I was a bit unclear as to how Jalie meant the sleeve cuffs to be sewn.

The fabric is a viscose spandex blend, with quite a heavy drape.  I like this charcoal colour better than black.

1 comment: