The photos that I took for the Sudoku challenge did not really show the detail of the pants, so here is another outfit.
The photos from the challenge.
My pattern alterations were as follows
- I took the sides in, possibly in an attempt to reduce my pear-ness by wearing tighter pants and looser tops? They still look quite baggy through the leg.
- I changed one of the directions of the folds of the main pleat, because I thought the original line drawing indicated that, and I preferred it to the way the directions said to sew the pleat.
- I made a fit alteration for knock knees to the backs and one of the fronts...somehow I forgot to do the other front and then couldn't work out why my seam lengths didn't match up. I think I overdid this alteration a bit, which is why I have all the wrinkles radiating from the knee. This was my first time sewing a stylearc pants pattern, and it may take a few goes to get the alterations right.
I haven't had a good go at working these pants into my wardrobe yet. I'm sure I will come up with better combos once I get a chance to play around with the style a bit.