The removalists arrive tomorrow, and I am guessing that I will be offline for quite a while. Before I go, here are two underwear sets I made quickly to test some patterns.
The first bra is Jalie 3131. It does not have underwires. Some notes
- it is more supportive than I was expecting
- I added underwire casing, even though I did not use underwires, to provide a little more structure and support, and to keep all those seam allowances neat
- I would like to modify this to use as a sports bra. To do this, I would make the back band shorter and I would change the shape of the back band so that the straps cross over in the back.
- I think gingham underwear is cute!
- the knickers are my self drafted pattern with CB seam. I need to go down a size, so for this version, I pulled the elastic tighter than I normally do.
The second bra is Elan #540. I have made this pattern before when I was a smaller size. Some notes
- I modified the back to have a racer back style. This is really comfy and something I need in my underwear drawer.
- I need to take more care next time when attaching the bridge pieces, so that the cups sit evenly when I am wearing it.
- the bust point is in the wrong spot for me. Next time, I will try moving the BP to the "A" position, even though I will stay with the "B" size.
- the knickers are self drafted, from "Patternmaking for Underwear Design" by Kristina Shin. I pulled the elastic tighter than normal on these, thinking it was a weak ealstic, but the elastic is not so stretchy, so this did not work out well. I need to remember this, as I have quite a lot of this elastic.
- I was all out of findings, so I ducked down to the op shop, when they had tubs of bras for $50c a bra. I took a handful of coloured bras home with me and cut off all the coloured findings. Economical and no shipping to pay!
So farewell for now. I will keep reading your blogs via my phone, but I find it too tedious to comment on the phone, so you won't hear from me for a while. xx