Japanese cotton print arrived from Tessuti, I was a little surprised at how stripy it was! Of course, the on-line photographs show it to be stripy, but somehow my brain had not registered that detail. Being pear-shaped, I am never quite sure what to do with stripes. It seems no matter which way they go, they just emphasize that pear shape. It took a bit of pondering, but I decided to discard my original pattern choice and go with Vogue 8184, with the skirt panels cut on the bias to give a chevron effect.
Here are front, back and side views, to show you the pattern matching. The bodice panels were cut off-grain, to get a diamond shape of the pattern in both the front and the back. I only used boning in the front princess seams. I would have liked to not use boning at use, being a casual dress, but the dress was collapsing below the bust. I'm not sure if this is because I am small busted, or whether I need to contour the seams below the bust more.