My Marfy shorts are nearly complete. I was going to get up this morning and stitch on the hook closure at the waist. There were lots of things I was going to do this morning. I lay awake half the night thinking about them, then fell asleep at dawn and got nothing done. Anyways, a quick photo before my photographer went to work and here they are, hook to be sewn on later.
Pattern: Marfy 1668
Fabric: Linen from Tessuti
The patch pockets with the flaps seem to give them a squarish, mannish sort of look, so I find they best suit more girly tops. I made this top before I started blogging. It is Simplicity 5055, with the sleeves from another Simplicity pattern that I have since thrown out. The fabric was from Knitwit.
A close-up of the zippered welt pocket.
I will put some pattern, fit and construction details in a pattern review.