8.8.10

Arty Top

I have made up Tessuti's fave top in a woven (pattern to download).

When I ordered this fabric I was convinced that it was a knit and was very surprised when it turned up a woven.  I went back and looked up the description and it said nothing about being a knit.  Oh well, it is a gorgeous cotton and silk woven stripe, labelled as Alice & Olivia fabric.  I decided to use it for Colette's top.  I didn't have to change much to use a woven - just let out the side seams on the arms as they were a little snug.  The overall effect is rather arty, and I think you would get a similar effect with a lightweight linen.  It is great for showcasing jewellery.

Yesterday I wore it with jeans, but it also goes with my camel wide-legged pants and I am hoping to pair it with shorts for more of a beach throw-over in summer.

10 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

perfect for showing off great jewellery and great ..shoes! That looks like it will be super comfy for your climate and you have got to love anything with silk in it - very arty indeed!

Mary said...

Love this!

Sue said...

Fabulous top - just started catching up with my blog reading and the first two both featured a top with a asymmetric hem (or whatever it might be called?) and so wonder if the universe is telling me I may need one too!
Love it with that necklace!

Gail said...

This is such a great garment - easy to make and even easier to wear. It is perfect for a loose weave denim coloured knit (from Tessutis) that I have in my stash.

SuBoo said...

Nice one! Not too confident with knits so it's great to know that wovens work as well!

Miss Dandy said...

Looks really fab! I just downloaded this pattern several days ago. Your completed version looks so great, I think I'll bump it up towards the top of my queue!

Bernice said...

Looks fabulous Katherine - so light, airy. Funnily, I bought a similar top this morning on one of my op-shopping adventures. Mine is a lilac/pale bluey-purplely silk with a little bit of shine. Mine comes in at the hips so creates a draped over/tucked in effect. I just been playing around with my necklaces as well. I'll have to email a photo.

Colette said...

Our fave top looks amazing in a woven.....aaah the possibilities are endless now!

Audrey said...

Lovely top. I like how it looks with the jeans.

PapayaStudio said...

Wow i just downloaded the pattern, what a great job it looks gorgeous! I hope I'll find time to make one of my own.