14.6.10

Bouncing Balls Wrap

I have whipped up another version of the Butterick 5454 wrap dress.  It is such a quick pattern.  I did shorten the bodice a little on this one.  I helped a friend make a wrap dress so this is the 3rd time for this pattern...it is unlike me to get economical with patterns, but I wanted a more wash 'n wear version of this dress.


The fabric is a viscose knit from Tessuti.  The graphic print is a bit of a change for me.  I almost feel like I got dressed from somebody else's wardrobe.  A photographer friend told me that the fabric would be hard to photograph.  It is a bit hard to tell, but the "balls" are all black and white striped.  (BTW Tessuti have Liberty knits in...I didn't even know that Liberty made knits.  Check them out.)


I am wearing the dress over some pants I made before I started blogging.  The pattern is Vogue alice + olivia 2907.  I made the version with side tabs and buttons, which look great, but nobody has ever seen them because I don't tuck my shirts in.  I remember being quite excited when I found the fabric.  I had previously purchased a brown pinstripe denim from Kerryn's fabric world for $30/m.  On holidays in Adelaide, I found the same fabric in charcoal for $6/m.  Worth the bunfight it took to go fabric shopping!

Anyway, must dash off to work now, in my new dress.

9 comments:

Bernice said...

Great dress! It looks fabulous over the pants - I've always loved that combo look. The colours are quite striking too.

Mary Nanna said...

ooh I love it - this is the way I like dressing - perhaps you got it from my wardrobe - oh I wish!

Gail said...

Absolutely love it. The fabric is very - Bernice said it well - striking!

Colette said...

W.O.W I love it! It's very Diane Von Furstenberg.

Sue said...

Fab outfit!

Leslie Gelber said...

You have an amazing style! Thank you so much for sharing your brilliant creations. So inspiring. The pattern company's need to compensate you.
Cheers,
Leslie

Joy said...

Wow, looks great! Especially over the slim jeans.

Jorth said...

Lookin' good, lady! The style really suits you.

Lisette M said...

Great looking dress, I love the print!