Here is a picture of my pattern. To make this, I started with my A-line skirt pattern and I
- joined the front and back skirt at the side seams
- separated off a back panel down from the back dart
- I marked a vertical line on the front panel, near the left side, for the horizontal pleats to originate from. I slashed from this line to the original right side seam.
- I slashed up the original right side seam to the start of the hip curve. I then closed the hip curve, and spread the slashes for the horizontal pleats
- I moved the left hip curve to the vertical line near the left side seam
- I put in a vertical pleat below the bottom horizontal pleat
Now, should I make another muslin (probably!), or just move onto the real thing (lazy option, but very appealing)?