Pattern Review are holding a "MY pattern" contest. This is good timing for me, because I have been thinking about sewing something similar to the Chloe skirt shown above (which net-a-porter lists for almost 300 pounds).
After studying the photographs, I have made the following notes:
- A-line skirt
- no side seams
- the skirt back is on the straight grain
- the front of the skirt is mostly on the bias
- the centre front top of the skirt is on the straight grain
- there is a vertical seam on the left side, a little bit in from where the side seam would be, extending down to about the hip bone.
- there is a centre back seam
- there are side back seams, positioned probably where a dart would normally go
- the centre back section has a wide "wasitband"
- exposed centre back zipper
- the skirt is lined
- in my size, the length is 19.5 inches. On me, this would be about knee length, but the model is rather tall