18.7.20

All the red merino

A few weeks ago, I batched sewed a heap of red merino garments whilst my machines were threaded in red.

First up is Jalie 3667 Marie Claude.  I took this one in at the side seams, but looking at this photo, I think I took it in through the chest area a little too much.  Something to remember for next time.  This merino was from The Fabric Store and is a lovely quality.


One change I did make to the pattern was to swap out the cuffs for the cuffs in Fehr Trade's activewear sewing book.  I've tried a few different ways to sew cuffs with thumb holes, but have not settled on a preferred method yet.


Next up was a running tank top, my own pattern.  This merino was also from The Fabric Store and does not feel as good quality as the previous fabric.  It is a little on the sheer side and recovery is not as good.  Pretty colour though.



Turns out that I bought this same fabric twice without realising.  Does that ever happen to you?  Stash storage issues...

I made up a t-shirt with the next length of material, using the pattern I drafted for this shirt.  Only, I forgot how clever I was when I first drafted the tee, and so forgot that the sleeve seams do not line up with the side seams, so first time I inserted the sleeves they were rotated about a quarter of the way around.  Took me a few minutes to work out why they looked so strange when I tried it on.  Bummer.  Anyway, some quality time with the seam ripper and now they are inserted correctly.


I made my hubby a shirt using Jalie 2918.  I used the pattern I traced off years and years ago, but it turns out he likes his t-shirts closer fitting these days, so he is finding this shirt a little loose.  Next time I will have to remember to trace off a smaller size.  


Another singlet for me, this time using Jalie 2568.  This one was not intended for exercise, but I must have been getting late on in my washing cycle the day I wore and photographed this.  


I combined the scraps from both fabrics to make one more singlet, this time using Jalie 3245.  It is a little snug around the hips because I didn't have quite enough fabric.



.
And finally, you have already seen the Jalie 4014 Coco sports bra I made using the very last of the scraps.  



I have been really appreciating these merino garments the last few weeks with the cooler weather (except the sports bra, which is too big).

No comments: