18.7.20

French Terry Remnant Projects

I gathered up all my French Terry scraps and combined them to make a couple of super snuggly garments.

I started with a jumper for me, made using the Sew House Seven for Simplicity 8529


You can see from the photo below that the cuffs and bottom band are cut the same size as the section of garment they are attached to, as directed by the pattern pieces.  Depending on your fabric / ribbing, you may prefer to reduce the length of the ribbing so that it stretches as it is attached.  


My scraps were smaller after this projecr, but I managed to put together a pair of Trigg shorts for my hubby, just changing the pockets to be patch pockets on the front, and leaving them un-hemmed..



I did have enough scraps left over to make a pair of shorts for my son, only my daughter came in and saw all the fabric bits laid out and decided that she'd like to make a pair of shorts for herself.  Which she did, but I don't have photos to show you.

Now I only have straggly scraps left, but they are the mostly from the fabric with the moose print, which I love, so I am still hesitant to throw them out.

6 comments:

Ann Brodsky said...

I love the color combination for your top! And your husband's shorts are fantastic! So cute! Great use of your scraps.

SewRuthie said...

Wow great use of scraps.

katherine h said...

Thanks Ann. I think those shorts are pretty cute too :)

katherine h said...

Thanks SewRuthie! I think I have more fun sewing with scraps than with new yardage.

Jessicathecat said...

Great garments. Esp. the shorts for DH. Even though this is a sewing site and not a travelog, I am fascinated by where you live. Could you comment on the "backgrounds" of your shots, eg., where they are etc. I envy the cool weather you have; 96 degrees and high humidity here make me long for autumn. CHeers.

katherine h said...

Hi Jessicathecat, we need to swap places...I would love warmer weather and more humidity! These photos were taken on a road trip up north. It is the surf beach at Geraldton, which is about a third of the way up the Western Australian Coastline. It was a beautiful stop for a tea break on our way to Kalbarri National Park.