2.5.19

Stylearc Avery Tunic

I've never liked wearing garments with sleeves, and I have a lot of trouble fitting them.  I seem to need multiple alterations---square shoulders, forward shoulder, prominent front shoulder joint, skinny arms.  I have recently moved to a cooler climate, so I am going to have to suck it up and start sewing garments with sleeves.  I made it a bit easy this time around, choosing the Stylearc Avery Tunic, which utilises a knit fabric for the upper bodice and sleeves and a woven fabric for the main body.



The Stylearc line drawing shows contrasting fabrics, but I went with this matching terry knit and Atelier Brunette viscose crepe.  I can't remember where I got the terry from, but have already used it to make my daughter a dance sweater.  I got the viscose crepe from Imagine Gnats.  Imagine Gnats is my favourite place to shop when I am looking for fabrics for good quality basics.  I get so easily lured by fantastic prints, but if it is plains I want, I know I'll leave Imagine Gnats with what I wanted and not a basket filled with fabrics for fantasy clothes!  This crepe has a lovely drape, but it does crush terribly.


You can see the signature Stylearc hem detail.

No comments: