5.5.19

Jalie Sweatshirts



My winter sewing is well and truly underway and being worn, even though it is not yet winter.  Needs must.  I have sewn a couple of Jalie sweatshirts to keep me snug.

The first one is from a Lillestoff French Terry from Zebra fabrics.  The ribbing is a cotton rib from Spotlight.  I went to Spotlight a few weeks ago to get some ribbing to finish off a hoodie for my son, and was pleasantly surprised by the selection of cotton ribbings, in both plain and stripes.  The pattern is Jalie 3355.  I made this first one according to the size chart (Size V).



My second sweatshirt is made using another terry from Zebra fabrics, purchased with matching ribbing.  This time I cut 2 sizes smaller (Size S), shortenedd the body by about 5 cm, and made the bottom rib band a bit looser.  I wanted to add the kangaroo pocket, but didn't have enough fabric after cutting a hooded vest out for my son from the same fabric.  


Happy Sewing xx

2 comments:

Tropical Threads said...

Love the one with the flowers! They look snuggly. I do love them being modeled with sandals and shorts!

Hey how warm is the French terry? I'm wanting to make a pair of yoga trousers for travelling in that are nice and warm but preferably a natural fibre. Is Fench terry going to be nice and warm for that?

katherine h said...

Hi there Tropical Threads,
The terry is snuggly but it is not as warm as fleece. It would be warm enough for a plane. Not sure how cold your destination is?