7.5.19

Stylearc Sadie

My next sleeved top is the Stylearc Sadie tunic.  Everybody chooses this pattern for its sleeve detail.  The twist in the sleeve gives the sleeve a fashionably full shape, without the gathering or elastic that usually accompanies a full sleeve.

Like other sewers before me, I shortened the tunic to hip length.


In this next photo you can see the shaped hemline. 

You can also see that the neckline is not sitting quite right.  I made a square shoulder adjustment and hollow chest adjustment.  I just guessed at the square shoulder, because the neckline is much wider than most bodice patterns and I was too lazy to get another pattern out to check how much I needed to add, and I did not get it quite square enough.  I always just guess at the hollow chest adjustment, because it is one I made up myself, but I should have taken a little bit more out of the front neck.  Another adjustment I would like to make next time is to add a little bit more width across the back.


This next photo is an odd photo to include, but it reminded me to talk about the back.  You can see that I did not include the back neck opening with button and loop, but I did keep the back seam.  In her drafting course, Suzy Furrer suggests keeping a CB seam when you can, to allow for back shaping, even in loosely fitted garments.  I added some back shaping to the CB seam.  You'll have to believe me when I say it allows for a nice drape, because none of my photos actually confirms this.


The fabric is another Atelier Brunette viscose crepe from Imagine Gnats.  This fabric is much celebrated amongst sewing bloggers.  It feels beautiful and has a lovely drape, but it does crush easily and needs to be pressed after washing.

3 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Hahaha...I believe you :)

That fabric looks AMAZING and I love those sleeves. Very nicely done.

mokosha said...

those sleeves truly are amazing! love your new blouse, suits you well

AllisonC said...

I love this - simple looking, but with those little details Stye Arc do so well. Gorgeous fabric and necklace too!