When I bought some of the new Jalies, I took the opportunity to add some of their previous releases to my cart, including the Vanessa fluid pants. I do have similar patterns, but I have seen so many great versions of these made up that I thought I would give them a go.
This is my second pair. My first pair was made in a chambray from Spotlight, just guessing at the fitting changes I would need. I made a few more tweaks to the pattern before sewing this version.
The fabric is a tencel from EmmaOneSock, and a much lovelier quality than my Spotlight version.. It looks grey, but the frayed threads after washing show that the threads are black in one direction and a mix of white and olive green in the other. I prewashed the fabric at least 3 times, because I have had issues with tencel in the past, in that it continues to shrink wash after wash after wash (sadly these Stylearc jamie pants have quickly become too short and tight).
I love the look of woven joggers of others, but somehow the reality has never looked the same on my legs. I don't have supermodel legs. Even though these have an elastic waist, I thought I would work on the fitting, to remove the saggy under-the-bum bit, and make the pants a little more streamlined through the thigh.
I followed a fitting tutorial by Lena of Iconic Patterns for a flat seat adjustment that actually works. I wouldn't have thought I had a flat seat, but it seemed to do the trick.
I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'll have to remember this fitting method and apply it to some of my other pants patterns.
I did borrow the hem detail from the Stylearc Jamie pants, with its cuff front and elasticated back. The legs might be a little long, but I am short the tencel will shrink some more in spite of all my pre-washing.
This wasn't the outfit I was planning on wearing. I had a lovely new white linen Stylearc Teddy top picked out, but I was heading out for breakfast and didn't want to end up with egg on my white linen. So instead I grabbed this self drafted tank top that I have been meaning to blog anyway. The side seams wrap to the front, which was necessary to get the top to fit out of these beautifully matched remnants. The front is linen remnant that I bought in a Miss Matatabi sale and the rayon back is leftovers from a jumpsuit I made my daughter.