It seemed a waste to do all those pattern alterations for just one top, so I made another Vogue 1247.
This time I chose a mystery silk that I picked up from the Fabric Store. It had a very bouncy texture and was originally a bone white colour. White doesn't look great on me, so all along I intended to dye it. I was planning a pale peach top.
Up until now, I have only used my silk dyes for small amounts of lingerie elastic and fabrics. For this length of fabric, I decided I would get more even results by using the washing machine. I can't pause the cycle on my machine, which means I can't control the amount of time the fabric sits in the dye. By the time I read the amounts of dye required per weight of fabric, I had already pre-soaked my fabric and was unable to weigh it. I guessed at how much dye to use, then added a bit extra for good measure, and obviously added way too much. Lucky I like this orange colour.
I didn't even attempt French seams on all these pattern pieces in this bouncy fabric. I did go to the trouble of buying matching thread for the overlocker, so it still looks pretty neat on the inside.
I haven't actually worn this top out yet. It doesn't feel as chic as my previous version, and I am yet to work out when to wear it, but as our hot summer ends, I'm sure it will find its place.