I have made my daughter a few pairs of shorts in the the last year. I even ironed them all one day to photograph for this blog, but then got distracted by something or other, and she took them all from the ironing board, thinking that I just ironed them as a nice surprise for her (I don't iron much).
Here is one pair that I have managed to photograph.
I made the pattern by copying a pair of shorts from Best and Less that she loved but had become too short, even for her, and then grading it up as best as I could guess how.
There are quite a few details. The original pair were made from rayon and are very drapey. I think this is why the crotch curve on these shorts was longer and shallower than other shorts I have sewn up. There are front slant pockets. The waistband is attached separately. The fronts are gathered onto a smooth waistband. The back waistband is elasticated.
The fabric used was a Cotton + Steel rayon, which I have seen on quite a few on-line fabric sites, so you could probably find it if you liked it and went looking. The quality feels beautiful.
They have been a hit, but now I possibly need to grade my pattern up another size for a new pair.