I am back on track with my craftsy course for this dress. This is from the :Patternmaking + Design: creative darts and seamlines" course. The class showed transferring the bust and waist darts to gathers in the waist dart. I decided to do the same with the skirt hip darts, and I made the dress into a V-neck, both front and back.
I'm not sure that this is the most flattering design for me, or if maybe I need to fix up my pattern a little, but it seems all a bit droopy at the bottom of the bust, and it is a bit tight at the top of bust, which is why my facings are showing through. The fabric is a lightweight sateen, which probably contributes to the show through.
The fabric is a much lighter colour than I normally wear. It was an online buy, and I was drawn to the red in the print. This is one of those cases where the closeup photo does not really show what the fabric looks like from a distance, as the overall effect is more pink than red.
So, the overall dress is okay, but I don't love either the design or the fabric. Onto the next lesson...