Here is our version.
Party in the back.
Plain in the front.
To make this, I started with her latest swimsuit pattern, based on Jalie 3134, which was modified to combine the front panels, and to lower the legline, as well as adjusted a little for her fit. Further modifications for this leotard included
- lowering the neckline
- raising the back scoop, to cover the waistband of her tights
- changing the angle where the front armhole meets the side seam
- adding straps, as per the photograph below. The straps are sewn as tubes.
There are some pull lines on the front neckline, so I probably need to adjust the front strap extensions a little, if I make this again
I used a matt nylon lycra. She feels that this is too much like swimwear, but I don't know where I can buy the tactel lycras that are used in modern leotards.
The shorts are made from Jalie 3247. I usually go up one size for Jalie leggings, but this time I went up 2 sizes, because this mystique lycra is very firm. I think I actually should have gone up another couple of sizes.