20.4.15

Blue Ponte Skirt

There seems to be some sort of disconnect between the person I think I am (avid sewer, can whip a few new garments to spruce up the wardrobe each season) and the person I actually am (person with a large sewing space and expanding fabric stash who only sews easy projects in shorts bursts of activity during the school holidays).

I guess the solution is to like wearing clothes of simple design and simpler construction.  Which this skirt is.

I used the same patrones pattern as this skirt, added as much length as my remnant would allow, eliminated the back darts and extended upwards from the waistline to accommodate a sewn-in elastic waistband.


Quick sew.  Quick blog post.

6 comments:

Summer Flies said...

Hmm... I'm the latter also except I have small sewing space (pit at the moment) and way too big stash!
I love, love the combo of yellow and the blue... it looks jacaranda blue on my monitor. I loved the first skirt of this pattern and I love the idea of the elastic waistband. Very clever.

Anonymous said...

I have exactly the same disconnect. There really should be more holidays, and then I would be more productive! Great skirt, lovely colours

AllisonC said...

Great skirt, I love these kinds of projects too. Your skirt might be simple to make, but the colour and front tuck details make it interesting also.

fabric epiphanies said...

What a lovely skirt. I really love those pleat details.

liza jane said...

Love the blue and yellow together. And my fabric stash grows at almost quadruple the rate that I can actually sew it.

Gail said...

It might be simple but that doesn't mean it isn't stylish. Love it with the yellow top.