10.6.20

Paprika Patterns Jasper Sweater Dress

How many patterns do you have that you have never sewn?  I have too many.  Especially pdf patterns, which you would think I would only buy if I was going to use them right away.  Somehow it doesn't work like that.  Anyway, I am glad that I finally made up the Jasper Sweater Dress by Paprika Patterns.  



I shortened the dress by about 7 cm.  It doesn't feel too short, but looking at these photos, perhaps I cut off a tad too much.

The dress has princess seaming.  I didn't make a big deal of trying to pattern match, but I did try to keep the deer lined up all on the same level.

The fabric is a French terry by See you at Six.  I bought it, and the matching ribbing, from Maai  Design.  I didn't have enough ribbing for the cuffs (I was planning something different when I bought the fabric), so I made the sleeves longer and hemmed them.

I wish I had remembered to take a close-up of the button. It matches perfectly.  I found it in the jar of Liberty buttons given to me by a friend.

No comments: