31.5.19

Basic InstincT T-shirt

I finally got a new desk so that I can set up my sewing machine, overlocker and coverstitch machine all at the same time. To revel in this ergonomic luxury, I whipped up a T-shirt.

The pattern is Basic InstinT by secondo piano (Thanks to Sheryll for alerting me to this pattern).


I made a number of modifications to the pattern, including a square shoulder adjustment, hollow chest adjustment, extra width at the hips and a broad back adjustment.  I don't think I needed the broad back adjustment though, so I have trimmed this extra off my pattern ready for the next time I make this.


I basted in the neckband but thought it gathered in my shirt too much so I cut a longer neckband.  This second attempt seemed a bit too long, but rather than pull it out, I sewed around the band a second time, using a bigger seam allowance.  This made the neck opening a little bigger and the band a little narrower and the result is just right for this fabric.  This is why my neckline seems a little bigger than other reviews of this pattern.  

The fabric is a Dutch cotton knit print from EmmaOneSock.  Originally I planned a dress, but I am happy with this t-shirt.  It means I have quite a bit of the grey portion of the fabric leftover.  Lucky I love the creative process of sewing up scraps!  This Dutch cotton makes for the comfiest undies.

1 comment:

Tropical Threads said...

Having all your machines set up all the time all at once, is very Happy Making.

Love the print. wow!