In a big tidy up of my sewing room recently (though not as recent as today...it is a mess again...sigh) I was dealing with some projects that were lying about taking up room. One of these was the muslin for a princess seam dress, which I made many months ago when I was right into my craftsy drafting courses. I transferred the changes back to my pattern and made up the dress using a stretch sateen from Spotlight.
Here are the results.
I am happy with the fit, and I was happy enough when I looked in the mirror, but I am not loving the look in these photos. That is one of my problems lately...I like how I look until I see a photo of myself. I like to document my sewing in this blog, but I certainly don't love the taking and looking at photos part.
To be fair, I have never really loved princess seamed dresses. I don't mind them in a bodice, but not so much a dress. I think they look, not so much frumpy, as matronly.
I have a bit of a problem with a silverfish infestation. I got the house treated, but that didn't seem to solve the problem. Last weekend I totally emptied out my wardrobe and hit it with some lavender oil. I thought it would be a good chance to do a Marie Kondo clean out at the same time, which I have been meaning to do for a while. Turns out I couldn't do it though. Even if I don't wear the clothes anymore, I still love the fabrics. I just went and bought more coat hangers instead. Not for this dress though. I had no trouble putting it in the "move on" bag.