Jeans seemed like a pretty versatile piece to add into a Sudoku wardrobe.
I made this pair using my self drafted and much tweaked pattern from last year.
The fabric is a poly/cotton/lycra blend from EmmaOneSock. This is the first time I have made jeans with poly in them, and I must admit that I don't love the feel of the fabric on as much as a cotton/lycra blend. I like the colour though.
For the back pocket, I utilised the selvedge for decoration instead of embroidery.
I also used the selvedge for the belt loops.
I did use a fancy stitch to top-stitch the front pockets.
This is them on.
There are more wrinkles in the back then I was expecting. Probably because the jeans ended up tighter fitting than I expected. I'm still having trouble adjusting my pattern for the amount of stretch in the denim. I think that not all stretch is the same. Even if the same square of fabric stretches as far as another fabric, they can still behave differently. I ended up making the lower legs of these ones skinnier than my previous pairs, more in line with the close fitting upper leg.