The main fabric is remnant from a dress that I haven't shown you yet. I made the dress late last year, and wore it a couple of times when I traveled a little further south in December, but since then, it has been way too hot to put it on. I do love the dress, and can't wait to show it to you when the weather cools down a little.
I am really proud of the dyeing that I did on this set. The parts I dyed were the pale blue fold-over elastic used on both the bra and the knickers, the pale blue lingerie elastic on the knickers and the hook and eye. I only have a handful of dyes and nothing in the way of pale blue. Actually, now I can't remember if I used True Turquoise, or Caribbean Blue, but I massively diluted it and then used quite short dipping times. It worked out a better match for the fabric than I was expecting. The fold-over elastic is from Lincraft. It is quite wide, and possibly meant for sewing elasticated bed sheets. I had to improvise with the straps. It seems I have a lot of 10 mm elastic strapping, but no 10 mm rings and sliders. Consequently, these straps are not adjustable.
The pattern for the knickers is traced off a RTW pair of Calvin Kleins. This fabric is not as stretchy as that used in the RTW pair, so these have a much closer fit than the RTW pair, but are still totally wearable. And now that I have finally blogged them, I am looking forward to wearing this set!