I bought this interesting fabric from Oddz and Endz in Noosa, before they closed. I was told that it was linen, though it must be a linen blend because one side of the fabric is shiny. It certainly creases like linen though! Initially I had Vogue 1323 earmarked for this fabric, but when I had a recent binge on Burda sale patterns, I picked up Burda 6938. Burda pants are generally a better draft for me, and this one had a lower waistline, which I prefer, so I went with the Burda. I did like some of the features of the Vogue pattern, so I cherrypicked the features I wanted and added them to the Burda pattern.
I made the following changes to the Burda pattern;
I changed the pocket opening. The pattern originally called for in-seam pockets, but I wanted to make a bit more of a feature of them.
I added a single back jetted pocket. These are only elastic-waisted pants, but the fit at the back looks pretty good. The only fitting change I made was to reduce both the front and back crotch extensions, which is a pretty typical alteration for me. I didn't make a muslin first. I just sort of guessed how much to shorted the extensions.
I added elasticated cuffs. My cuffs are 4 cm wide, to suit the elastic I used. Initially I removed 4 cm in length from the pattern, before adding the cuff, but this wasn't enough. In the end, I removed 9 cm in length before adding the cuff. I am about the height that Burda patterns are drafted for (168 cm), but I have a long body / short legs, so maybe this is why I had to remove extra.
I put elastic in all 3 rows of the waistband casing, not just the outer two.
Being pear-shaped, it may not be the best idea to put something light and shiny on my bottom half. This seemed more obvious when I looked back at the photos than it did in the planning phase, but I have already worn these out several times and plan to keep on doing so!