23.12.15

Tessuti Colette Tunic Top Pattern

A quick post.  Here is my Tessuti Colette Tunic Top.  The fabric is a voile that I bought online from Tessuti over a year ago.  Possibly a silk cotton blend??

This pattern had a lot of features that I love, all in one pattern...raglan sleeves and gathers over the tummy being the main ones.  I made no changes to the pattern whatsoever.  I mostly opt for sleeveless tops, but this is comfy and cool to wear.





Initially, I wasn't sure what length I wanted so I cut the tunic length.  This is it unhemmed below, just in case you want to know how long the tunic is.  I don't know how my final length compares to the top length of the patter, as I just hemmed it at the length I wanted.


I bought the hard copy of the pattern and followed the instructions in the book.  This is the first time I have tried using the vilene  to apply the bindings.  This method did not work so well for me, and I ended up taking the bindings off and doing them again by feel, as is my usual way.

I'm happy with the top and can see myself making more of them.

5 comments:

Gail said...

Its a shame you had to waste a bit of fabric from the extra length. The final results are fantastic. Best wishes for the season.

Tropical Threads said...

That fabric is just gorgeous! And the pattern looks really nice too. Interesting style lines. It all looks great on you :-)

I really like raglan sleeves too. Very comfy.

liza jane said...

Love this pattern. And the fabric you used is perfect. Looks cool to wear in hot weather. I like the longer length, too. I could almost see it in a fabric with more drape as a mini dress.

Sue said...

Looks lovely, cool and floaty.

Anonymous said...

Great color on you & cute simple dress.I love all the ways you can adapt this pattern!I’m so impressed with your sewing patterns.