27.8.15

Bookweek 2015

We've had a few years without a bookweek parade.  Back into the swing of it this year and probably only one more year to go.  Without further ado, I present to you

1.  Moonface




2.  Geronimo Stilton


Moonface's vest was made from a Burda pattern I traced off years ago.  Don't know the magazine or pattern number, sorry.  His bow tie was made by his sister.

Geronimo Stilton's jacket was a quick make from Burda Boy's Classic Button-Up Blazer 02/2015 #142  So quick that I didn't get the pockets on or buttons in the sleeve vents.  Wonder if I should bother doing that after the event??  I didn't line the jacket.  I am not that familiar with sewing jackets and when I went to look up some instructions in my sewing books for how to do the collar and lapels, I realised that there was no way I could absorb that information and do it properly in my very short time frame, so it really is a bodge job. It fits pretty well.  The fabric is a cotton chamois that was an internet purchasing mistake back in 2007.  I am pleased to be finally rid of it from my stash.

Geronimo made his own tie.


Geronimo's mask was a lot of fun.  I downloaded the pattern for a fox mask from Wintercroft and we  didn't stick the ears down to make it a bit more Geronimo-like.



(ears falling forward to fox mode for this photo)

In this age, when we are always looking for free stuff on the web, these masks are fully worth the asking price.  They are seriously cool.  I'm trying to think of an occasion where I could wear a mask, just so I can make one for myself.  Perhaps I am thinking of it all wrong and shouldn't be looking for an occasion.  Perhaps I could get about in a unicorn mask in my everyday?

6 comments:

Sue said...

Yeah - go the mask!

Summer Flies said...

Those masks are seriously great and really they seem like a bargain. I say go the mask. I also think you have done a great job on those lapels.

Merche Martinez said...

Great costumes!! And the jacket looks great.
Of course, the mask is too cute...I hope my daughter, who is a Stilton fan, won't see this!!!

Audrey said...

I wish my kids had had bookweek parades. I remember some of the books they read and imagine the neat costumes I could have sewed. Both of your costumes look great. I love the mask.

Crab and Bee said...

Blog photos are the perfect occasion to sport a unicorn mask!

katherine h said...

Great idea! I think I'll do that.