I really loved the colours of the stripes in this fabric and I so much wanted it to be a dress. Just a simple tank style dress. The fabric is a hemp blend with very little recovery, and I didn't think it would hold its shape very well in a dress, so at the very last moment, I went with a t-shirt. I think this was the right decision, because the fabric stretched out whilst I was binding it and didn't recover, and the whole thing has ended up a little stretched out, leaving me with a neckline that is a little lower and wider than I was intending.
I cut the pattern off a casual RTW t-shirt that I like. It is difficult to see, but there are small gathers in the front shoulder. The sleeves are a little floppy, but I don't know if this is a problem with the fabric or my rub-off method. Sleeves are always the tricky bit.
I have another hemp knit, so I will get the chance to apply my learnings from this shirt to another garment.