I had to leave work early today to tend to a sick child. The silver lining was that I got in an hour at the sewing machine, to make a t-shirt totally out of remnants.
My inspiration was the Solvo Tunic from Anthropologie.
My starting point was the Lisa Top from Stylearc. I rounded out the V neckline. It is a different shaped neckline to my inspiration top, but that would be easy enough to change next time. It only occurred to me afterwards that I could have used the horizontal seam line between the two fabrics to put in an unobtrusive dart. Next time. I didn't notice the rolled up sleeves on the inspiration top until my daughter pointed them out, but I would not have had enough fabric to do that anyway.
Last time I used this pattern, I made it up in a cotton lycra and was disappointed with the fit of the sleeve / shoulder. The fabric I used today was a drapey rayon knit, which is much more forgiving. I don't usually stabilise the shoulders in my knits (in spite of all that advice...but really, in the past I haven't found it necessary), but the top photo shows the shoulder - sleeve seam slipping off my shoulders, so I guess it wouldn't have hurt this time.
Tonight I wore it with jeans, and felt comfortable wearing it....a quietly casual top that fills a gap in my wardrobe. It does look better with blue jeans than the khaki shorts, but I was trying to show it compared to the inspiration version.