Summer sewing always means a lot of swimmers around here. We are in and out of the pool several times a day, just trying to survive the heat.
The first pair is for little miss. I used Jalie 2792, a leotard pattern, for the body, then added my own straps.
The fit of this pattern looks the same as on the pattern envelope. There is quite a bit of negative ease, so it is a very snug fit. She is very happy with the fit, and says that the elastic is not too tight. I think if I were to make a ballet leotard out of cotton lycra I might go up a size or two.
I only lined the front. Next time I will modify the front of the pattern to shape it more like the bikini top below.
She still loves to dress in the same clothes as me, so I made her a bikini very similar to mine. The top was made using Kwiksew 3165. The kwiksew instructions are very good and showed me a new way to apply the straps / elastic. The bikini bottoms with this pattern have never fit her particularly well, so I drafted my own using Stuart's children's swimwear block. The bottoms are reversible.
Glitter and Dance. I think it was called "aqualife" and is supposed to be chlorine resistant, so I am hoping it lasts better than most swimwear.