17.12.09

Twice is nice



I always say that I am going to use a pattern again, and this time I have.  This bag is View B from Vogue 8527.  This time round I noticed that the seam allowances are 1/2 inch, not 5/8 inch.  I've also realised that I sewed the pleats in my previous clutch the wrong way, which was a surprise to me because I made an effort to follow the arrows on the pattern piece and not just do as I thought best.

 

I used a stretch linen from my stash for the main fabric and La Dolce Vita cotton from Tessuti for the contrast and lining (which I only just bought from their on-line store, but can't seem to find now, perhaps it has sold out).  I used a stiff, woven, sew-in interfacing.  This bag is a gift, and luckily for the recipient, I don't have a black and white wardrobe.  Otherwise I would be tempted to keep it, because it turned out rather nicely, if I do say so myself.

 
I omitted the magnetic closure, mostly I'm not sure where the dickens I put them.  After reading a review on PR, I attached the straps to the sides of the bag, but I think with my choice of fabric it would have worked out as the pattern described.

5 comments:

kbenco said...

Lucky, lucky recipient. Although, as I am not a black and white wardrobe person either, I think I fancy the earlier version still more.

Bernice said...

Twice is nice but thrice is better - yes please!

gwensews said...

Cute bag. I would have trouble giving that away.

Colette said...

Love the Dolce Vita in a bag...gorgeous gift.

Gail said...

Divine. One day I will start making bags if only to reduce my growing scrap box.