8.5.20

All the blue things

I had to make the most of the overlocker being threaded in blue after my recent projects.

First up, another pair of Trigg shorts in the leftover linen.  I think I am up to 7 times using this pattern now, so definitely a winner.


Then a Jalie 2805 t-shirt in the leftover Liberty jersey.  I'm sure this fits better in real life than the photo shows.  It has got cold here since I made this, so I have hardly had a chance to wear it, and then I got a quick photo snapped in the dying light one evening.  I went up several sizes in the t-shirt to get a looser fit than the pattern photo and I changed the V-neckline  to a scoop neckline.



When I was rummaging around looking for possible options for neck binding for the above t-shirt, I came across a Fehr Trade VNA top that I cut out of merino 6 years ago when I made one for a friend.  I obviously never got around to making up my own.  I didn't want to fuss with the corners  / binding, so I re-cut the armholes and neckline.  This is perfect for wearing under my new blue shirts.



 I was hoping to get a blue sports bra made whilst the blue thread was in the overlocker, but another project became more pressing.  I don't mind though, because since then, Jalie have released their new patterns and now I have a new sports bra pattern to try out.  Usually I buy a heap of Jalies when they are released, but I don't know how international shipping to Australia is working at the moment, so I have just bought the one pdf for now. 

Now my overlocker is threaded in red, and I am sewing all the red things. 

Happy sewing & stay well xx

No comments: