26.4.20

Stylearc Melody Tunic v2

When I was looking for all the blue fabric on the Tessuti site, I saw this just-in purply-blue check  linen

I have decided that my personal style is on the utilitarian side, and a linen over-shirt would be something that I would wear a lot.   I tweaked the Stylearc Melody tunic to get this look.


My changes included shortening the tunic by 5 cm, straightening the side seams (though I could have slimmed them a little more) and changing the back gathers to a tuck.  I also straightened the sleeves, eliminated the elastic gathering, sewed a deepish hem on the sleeves and then folded a tuck in the sleeve hem, to mimic the tuck in the back.




The result is just what I wanted.  I did iron this shirt earlier in the day, but there is a bit of a seersucker effect through the checks and it is more crinkly than other linens.  Lucky I am okay with that :)

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Greetings. I too find that I like to sew more utilitarian clothing. It's comfortable and easy to wear - especially when it's hot. I love the top especially the gorgeous blue colour and I prefer your sleeve to the original pattern one. I know you will enjoy wearing it which is I guess one of the main reasons we sew.

Megan O said...

This is right up my alley. I especially like the neckline and that gorgeous fabric

LindaC said...

I love this. The length is great. The color. The style. Well done!