26.3.20

Lansdowne + Julia


This set has a bit of a decoupage-y vibe with all the different elements going on.  The mesh, lace, lining and fold-over elastic came in a kit from Pitt Trading.  The pretty strap elastic was also from Pitt Trading.  I decided that the fold-over elastic was too strong for the knickers, so I dyed some stash elastic to match.  I love the ric-rac elastic on the waist.  The lingerie lycra for the back of the knickers and the underwire casing were from stash.


The bra pattern was the Lansdowne bra from Orange Lingerie.  I changed the pattern a little so that I could use the wide strap elastic and no sliders or rings.  I also modified the seam alowances of the pattern so that I could use fold-over elastic for the armhole edges and unfolded-fold-over elastic for the bottom edges.

The knickers are the Jalie Julia


2 comments:

Tropical Threads said...

Every so often I do some decoupage, and so I love those undies! It's a very nice set of lingerie there :-)

Sadly but obviously, I won't be down in Perth for a wee while. I'll let you know when I am. Still intending to come! Sometime...

Hope you and your family are safe and well and the worse you're all suffering is boredom of 4 walls!
stay safe my friend!

katherine h said...

Thanks Tropical Threads!

We haven't even had the chance to get bored yet. Kids are still doing schoolwork and I am still busy doing whatever it is I do. I'm hoping for some more sewing time, but it hasn't happened yet!

Stay well. Cheers, xx