9.10.19

Another Jalie Melanie Robe

I knew I wanted a summer version of the Jalie Melanie Robe, to throw on in the afternoons when the wind picks up.  I was thinking linen would be a good fabric choice, and then when I saw this gorgeous linen print in Fabulous Fabrics, I knew it would be perfect.  I love both the colours and the print.  It is definitely a fabric that makes me happy.


I have dressed it up and worn it out with jeans, but mostly it is for throwing on over summer clothes at home.


I made all the same changes to my pattern as my previous version, but I made one further change for this version.  I am likely to wear this open, and the tie dangles down and annoys me when it is open, so I made a secret inside pocket for the tie to sit it when not in use.



I lined the pocket up with the print of the fabric, so it is pretty unobtrusive from the outside.


This is definitely one of my favourite makes for this year.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Really pretty print. Makes a fabulouse Kimono jacket. Clever idea to add a inside pocket for the tie.

SewTypical said...

Gorgeous!
...and the inside pocket for the tie is a great idea.

Tropical Threads said...

oooh inside tie pocket. It should be a must in everything with ties! Brilliant.

What glorious fabric :-)

Hey I emailed you. Haven't heard back so I thought I'd let you know here.