17.3.19

Stylearc Ethel Pants


I think what Stylearc does best is developing stylish patterns that can be sewn quickly, which is great for those of us who don't always have the time we want to sew.  This weekend I put together the Stylearc Ethel Pants.  


The fabric is a gorgeous linen, in a salt-and-pepper grey.  I have recently moved to Perth, and I had the pleasure of meeting up with sewing bloggers Meggipeg and Fadanista.  Not only did they give me the inside on fabric shopping in Perth, but they took me to a pop-up sale at Morgan and Marks, where they were selling off fabrics as well as clothing, and this linen was one of my purchases.  This linen is not so much grey as a mix of white and black threads.  I don't wear wear much grey, because it doesn't suit me and doesn't fit in well with my wardrobe, but this linen seems to go well with lots of colours.


Whether or not to sew a muslin is an ongoing debate; the cost and time of sewing a muslin versus potential cost and time of sewing a wadder.  One of the strategies I use to  skip a muslin and still minimise risk of a wadder is to develop a standard set of alterations for each pattern company.  For Stylearc pants I reduce the front crotch depth by 1 cm and extend the back crotch depth by 2cm.  I did that this time around, but I really don't think it was necessary to increase the back crotch depth!  


Now I am picking out fabric to make the matching Stylearc Ethel top.

4 comments:

SewTypical said...

Love the way these turned out!
Great for a hot summer day...
Adding this pattern to my wish list.
:-)

Megan O said...

These look great and it was lovely meeting you and finding another partner in fabric shopping crime! We must do it again soon.

Sue Stoney said...

It looks as though you are enjoying the beach already! I love these trousers made from such beautiful linen. It was so nice to meet you and to spend time fabric shopping with you!

BarbaraShowell said...

I love the fabric and the pants! Enjoy your new home.