27.8.18

Not quite Stylearc Luna and Papercut SJ Tee

I am one of those people that only ever buys a metre of fabric, or maybe two, but never one of those people that buys 3m or 5 m on a whim.  Even this time, when I was sure that I had bought 3 m of this Milly stretch sateen, which should have been plenty to make a collarless jacket and cropped pants.  I must have only bought 2 1//2 m.  Once the jacket was made, I only had enough for a pair of shorts.  

I could have changed my plan, but I knew that I would never wear a matching skirt, and as I already had the Stylearc Luna stretch pant pattern cut out and alterations to the pattern made, I thought I would forge on ahead.  After reading Kristy's post on pants fitting, I was eager to try a different way of altering the Stylearc patterns to fit me, by using the method she described for a forward tilting pelvis.  I didn't make any other changes to the pattern.  

It is hard to tell in this fabric, and they have been shortened, but I think the alterations worked pretty well.  Enough that I will go and buy more of the Stylarc patterns that I have admired but thought would take too much work to get to fit.




I have paired the shorts with a tee based on the SJ Tee by Papercut patterns.  I have made this tee twice before.  The first time I made a medium, and the neckline was so huge that the tee was unwearable.  The second time I cut a small and added a really wide neckband, but the proportions and fit always felt a bit off.  This time I cut a medium, but added 2 inches height to the neckline all the way around, and added a hem band.  Finally, a version that I like.

2 comments:

Kristy Chan said...

I’m so glad that my changes helped you (relieved actually!)

AllisonC said...

These are great looking shorts and may be better suited for the vibrant fabric and your weather than pants anyway, right!!?