Of course, it helped that I had just bought a lot of dies and hardware for my DK-98 snap press. I had bought the grommet die and grommets with the intention of making bags, but with me, it always comes back to clothing in the end.
I bought dies for a few different snaps, grommets and rivets from dot-gas. With the handling charges and the shipping charges and the lower Aussi dollar, they turned out to be quite expensive. However, I have always been frustrated that my snap press was only good for one type of snap, so I don't regret my purchase. We all know that sewing is not cheaper than RTW, don't we? I'll just have to stick grommets and snaps on everything to bring the price per application down.
The sketch below was my starting idea, though you will see that I added more grommets, as well as adding splits to the front and back necklines. I also added a horizontal seam across the CF, so that I could line the entire upper section, rather than just use a facing, because my fabric was semi-sheer. I interfaced the lining.
Front view. I did resist the urge to tun this into a flared top, but now I'm wondering if it would look better with a bit of flare.
The print is a rather busy, but this side view shows some of the seaming detail.
Grommets in the back.
The fabric is a linen viscose woven and appears to be still available from EmmaOneSock.