I really am enjoying all these iterations of a pattern draft. Whilst sometimes it feels that I am not progressing onto new things, at other times I am pleased to have a selection of patterns that fit so well.
For this version, I changed the shape of the yoke, so that it went back up to the neckline, rather than to the shoulder line. I added way more flare to the front.
A week ago, this fabric was part of a peasant style dress at Target. I saw it in the window, loved the colour, raced in and bought it in the largest size I could. Even still, I only just managed to cut this top out of the dress.
The yoke insert was cut from a table cloth that I bought at Vinnies years ago. The cloth had holes in one corner, but I always loved the print and thought I would make it up into something funky one day. I guess that day has come (though I still have plenty more of the table cloth left). I am in a real stash-using rather than stash-building phase. I seem to have plenty of stuff and I really don't want to be the person that dies with the biggest stash of beautiful unused materials. And it is not likely that I will stop buying beautiful fabrics as they come my way.
The edging around the yoke is sewn from a knit fabric. The colour was perfect and I thought it made the yoke pop out a little bit more.
The back view is pretty plain. It has a a CB seam and an opening at the neck. The back is shorter than the front. It is also significantly less flared than the front.
Here is a view of me wearing the top. It would hang better if I didn't have my hands in my pockets!
This is one of my favourite makes.