Putting in the yoke gives me more places to insert some flare into the top. The front fabric is a linen from Tessuti.
I put some subtle embroidery on the yoke, in orange to match the back fabric.
For the back, I used a hemp striped knit. I didn't plan this top for these fabrics...I was casting my eyes around for something to use for a muslin when I spotted these leftovers from other projects. I had to cut the front on the bias to get it to fit. I ended up turning the muslin into wearable.
I have been doing the "Drawing Fashion Flats" class on Craftsy. I have not got very far with it yet, but already I am drawing different design details to help pick which ones I want to draft...this is obviously not a new concept for most people, but I have never really been able to draw and mostly just carry my ideas around in my head.
Some shots of the top being worn.
So, I don't actually love how this top looks on me....partly the design, partly the fabrics, partly the colours...but I did improve upon all of these in version 2. Stay tuned :)