23.12.14

Safari Tank

This is another of my apartment makes.  I bought the fabric to test the runderwear in the Threshold shorts pattern.  The pattern includes both a brief and a g-string.  The g-string provoked much discussion in our house, as I was sewing it at the dining table in the middle of the apartment and my children are not familiar with g-strings.  I was just hoping that it didn't not come up for conversation in show and share at school that day!  Anyway, I am not showing you either the briefs or the g-string, but a tank top that I made with the rest of the fabric.


The pattern is from Patrones No. 340 Style 26.  I had to take it in a massive amount in the side seams.  I only had a little sewing machine with me, so I finished the edges with lingerie elastic.  In our silly photoshoot, I forgot to take a photo of the back, but it has a CB seam, which is good for shaping, and slightly cut-away armholes.

The fabric is a viscose elastane from a local fabric store.

I haven't worn this yet as I haven't decided if it is good enough to wear in public or if I should just wear it with the knickers as a sleep set.

2 comments:

liza jane said...

Oh, you know it came up at school. I always tell parents that I won't believe everything their child says about them if they don't believe everything they say about me :) Ha! Love you pose!

poppykettle said...

haha... it's a gorgeous top! Love the photo :)