21.12.14

Black cotton cami

This is another of my made-while-visiting-relatives-no-pattern makes. 

The cotton fabric was purchased from The Fabric Store in Brisbane.  I cut bias panels and basted them together - 4 pieces for the front and 4 for the back.  I then tried it on and adjusted the seams to create shaping over the bust and at the side seams. 






I used folded strips of the fabric for straps and bindings.


I gathered triangular pieces to fit in the zig-zags at the bottom edge.

I used a selvedge as hem.

6 comments:

liza jane said...

Ok, that is pretty amazing that you just made that up from scratch! Very cool!

Summer Flies said...

Very clever! I love all the features of this top. Looks very cool and comfortable.

Tropical Threads said...

Love it. I love the way it is all pieced together. Was there anything left of the fabric? It looks as if it was a very economical pattern.

Gail said...

Love it too. My daughter wants me to make something very similar, and I'm inspired by the shapes you created.

katherine h said...

Only scraps!

fabric epiphanies said...

Great piecing. You can't go past black.