Well, hello there! So, it's been a while.
Mostly I have been away. I was away for all those fabulous 2012 round-up posts, which I was just able to read on the tiny screen of a phone.
I was able to borrow a sewing machine most places I went, so I have a lot to show you. Not to mention the Christmas sewing that has not been documented yet. Photos are my hold-up - I realised today that the problem is that I don't have a good spot at home to take photos.
Since I got back, I have started a 5-day-a-week job. This is seriously cramping my sewing and blogging style...which is why my comments on your posts are getting sparse. I would like to spend more time on other people's blogs, but sadly, something has to give at the moment. Perhaps when I get a little more organised...
Onto the projects!
This one is Miss Chalmer's skirt, from Papercut patterns. I got the pattern from the Home Sewn magazine, but you can buy it individually.
On the size chart, I measured between an S and an M. I sewed up the S. I didn't make a muslin, but I did add some length to the sides, to account for my pear shape, which is my usual alteration. I added it to the top of the skirt portion, below the yoke.
Looking at these photos, the skirt is less fitted than I realised. It is certainly not as tight as the skirt on the pattern model, but if you look at the pattern promo photos, the model is standing with her legs apart, so it is probably a looser fit on her than first appears.
I changed the invisible zipper to a lapped zipper. I'm pretty pleased how this turned out, given that I did not have a zipper foot for the borrowed machine.
The fabric is a cotton from Spotlight, which I bought after seeing Belinda's version.
A nice, quick sew, which has been worn so much that it already has ice-cream and raspberry stains.