20.8.20

Tessuti Sydney Jacket

Whilst I was getting photos of my dress the other day, I also got some photos of my Tessuti Sydney Jacket.



The pattern is designed for fabrics whose edges don't fray.  This allows for techniques that minimise bulk in the pocket openings, and in the darts, as shown in the photos below.



I bought the fabric from Morgan Marks, in a sale last year.  I had planned on making something for my husband, but it seemed perfect for this pattern, so he misses out.  The fabric has a little bit of stretch in it.  I have the same issues as other wearers of this pattern, in that I can't lift my arms very high whilst wearing it...so far that has only been a problem whilst driving.  

This jacket is great for wearing over tops with fuller sleeves.


3 comments:

BarbaraShowell said...

I kind of love it!

katherine h said...

Thanks Barbara :)

Sue said...

Looks snuggly and I have thought of making this pattern so interesting to hear about the lifting arms issue.