31.5.20

Hudsons + Astair

I thought I'd test the French Navy Astair Tee and the True Bias Hudson Pant out by making pyjamas.


I made them in the summer and had to wait a few weeks until it was cool enough to wear them.  I forget where the t-shirt fabric is from, but it is quite a beefy cotton spandex.  The Hudsons are made from a beautiful quality cotton spandex knit from Fabulous Fabrics.  The striped cotton ribbing is from Spotlight, leftover from another project.


I sewed a double pocket, but I am thinking of removing it because the shirt is so comfy that I might wear it for everyday, not just pjs.


The method of adding the ribbing to the pocket was a new-to-me technique.  

Both patterns are winners, so I will be making more of them.


5 comments:

Debbie said...

I too am a pyjama pattern tester! It’s just one of the best ways of seeing how garments are going to fit and work for you with little risk. Thanks again for a great blog.

Tropical Threads said...

Looks great! And so comfortable and snuggly and that word - hygge. Mmm.

katherine h said...

Thanks Debbie...pyjamas often end up being the most-wears-per-item garments as well :)

katherine h said...

yes, hygge :)

poppykettle said...

Love these pjs - great teal colour and print - they look great on too :)